Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Adventure or Disaster?!




We took the kids camping a couple of weeks ago. I planned ahead and reserved a spot on the internet weeks in advance (I was excited to try camping with the kids). When we got there we found out our site was on the edge of a steep cliff. If it would've just been Richard and myself we would've loved it. We found out we could switch and did...I didn't even need to pay the extra $10 to reserve the spot because we were probably one of four sites with anyone there! We set up the tent with the idea we would get camp ready and take a nap. The kids were excited to see the tent and wanted to run around and play. Richard wanted to nap so I took the kids in the car about a mile away to the park playground. We had a great time there, got in the car to leave and the car would not start. I looked down and realized I had both phones with me. I looked around for someone to help us and decided it was up to me to get us back to camp. That mile seemed like 10 with 2 kids (Becca was a trooper and walked the whole way) but David cried "I want to go home, carry me". We got back to the site, Richard left to go get the car or figure out what to do and we were going to nap. I got us all settled in the tent and closed my eyes. It was quiet until I heard a snorting noise, opened my eyes to see David with something in his nose. I guess he had put pebbles in his pocket at the playground and now they were stuck in his nostrils (Becca might have helped him get them in). I wanted to cry because we were stuck in the woods in a tent without a car and a son with pebbles in his nose. I called Richard who had a bicycle rider with tools helping him with the car "hurry back because we might need to take David to the hospital"..... With a car that was working, clear sinus and a hot crowded tent we laid down for bed. The END of the story is that we left at about 10 pm to go home! Our friends wanted us to camp with them this last weekend--when Richard told them the story I think they changed their minds or we did!!!

No comments: